The Hotmail email service counts with a special section for your contacts, they’re organized automatically and this allows you to do a lot of actions, let’s see how this works.
Go to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com and click on the little icon on the top left corner, it will show a menu with options, open “People”.
Now, let’s see what you can do here:
Add a contact: When you reply to an email that includes an email address that isn’t on your contact list, you might be prompted to add it. You can also add contacts manually.
- In People, click New.
- Add contact info. If you want to add more than one email address, phone number, etc., click the plus icon in that section.
- Click Save.
Edit or delete a contact: In People click a contact and then click Edit or Delete.
Individual contact info from social networks can’t be edited or deleted. You can restore deleted contacts, if you accidently delete or lose contacts; you can restore them in “Restore deleted contacts”.
Clean up duplicate contacts: You can combine duplicate contacts into a single one with all the contact info.
- Use “Clean up contacts” In People, click Manage, and then click Clean up contacts.
- Within each contact set, clear the check box for any contact you don’t want in the set.
- Repeat step 2 for all contact sets, and then click Clean up.
Work with groups: Groups appear alphabetically in your contact list. To see who’s in a group, click on it.
- Create a new group: Click the arrow next to New, and then click new group.
- Enter a group name: Under Add member start to enter a name or email address. When the contact appears on the list, click on it.
- When you’ve added all the members you want, click Save.